Monday, June 25, 2012

I See You


I SEE YOU…..

How many of us would love to hear those words from a heartfelt place of deep love and appreciation?  When I first tackled this issue, I perceived it from a woman’s perspective.  Who else out there is more judged, misunderstood, and taken for granted more than women?  We wear a multitude of robes that fit just fine and we wear them most nobly yet none of them defines us or reflect the true nature of a woman.  Perhaps that is because like a chameleon we are constantly changing and adapting to our ever demanding environment and family life.  No wonder people don’t see us!  In this day and age who has time to sit and ponder the true nature of woman.  Have you?

Now, there is the question that stopped me dead on my tracks.  Have I seen me?  Do I See me?  How can I expect others, my husband included, to see me when I haven’t taken a good look at myself and realized my true nature?  In order for others to see something in you, the realization of what you seek has to be found by you first.  So don’t be afraid to go look in the mirror and see how beautiful you are. 

 If you can’t do this simple thing, how do you expect others to do it for you?  The fact is that you are beautiful.  Stripped of all of the insecurities and fears that we often wear like a veil over ourselves, we are quite a beauty to behold.  We are creators and caretakers, keepers of wisdom and joy, and know more than most the true meaning of sacrifice.  So go on ahead and let your inner light shine, brilliant as can be.  Take off your veil, discard all the robes you wear long enough for you to see the naked inner beauty of your awesome being.  Don’t worry, the robes will still be there waiting for you.  I promise they are not going anywhere.  As far as that goes, your wardrobe will just keep growing in a variety of shades, colors and sizes:)  So make sure you take a good long look at the being that stands before you.  She is magnificent, isn’t she?  Are you wondering what took you so long to see it?  Yes, this beauty has always been there, ready and waiting for you to recognize yourself in her eyes.  Now comes the most important part of the realization you just had.  Now YOU Say, “I See You”.

That long and incredible longing that has haunted you for as long as you can remember can now be put to rest.  The yearning to hear these words from a grateful and loving heart can now be satisfied.  Breath and exhale once more dear beloved because you have at last come home to true acceptance and unconditional love.  Yes, I see you.      I     See      You.

Do you know what the most cool part of this whole thing is?  Now, you can See others much better and they will in turn See you.  Come on, you never needed that silly veil anyway….There really is no need for you to put it back on.  Enjoy your freedom.  Enjoy the view…..

No comments:

Post a Comment